30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Burnt Fork BBQ

To contact us Click HERE
I had no intention of writing about this place. Call me selfish, but sometimes I really just want to eat because I'm super hungry and in no mood to analyze it.

But this place was too good. I'd feel like a lazy jerk if I failed to mention it.

It's super fantastic good. In fact, Burnt Fork BBQ is the best barbecue I've had in Atlanta. The food and overall clean and friendly vibe of the place measures up to what I consider the best barbecue restaurants in Georgia: Wiley's Championship BBQ in Savannah and Sconyer's Bar-B-Que in Augusta.

That's not light praise. In the course of my research for various articles about Georgia barbecue--if you're not familiar with the American South, barbecue can be spelled several ways but is as important as religion to some folks--I've tried what seems like hundreds of barbecue restaurants. And since you can hardly toss a stone in Georgia without hitting a BBQ joint, I'm conservative about bestowing high regards on them. But this place is great and I'm quite happy to have discovered it. I'll no longer have to drive two hours to get grilled meat that's delicious and not greasy. There's also an emphasis on organic and sustainable.

In addition to the meat, the side dishes are impressive, as is the range of available sauces. And if you've got vegan friends they'll think you're absolutely nuts recommending a barbecue restaurant, but there are plenty of vegan menu options--quite a surprising discovery, although it is in Decatur.

The dude behind the register on Saturday evening, who may have been the owner but I was too exhausted after a day of physical activity to ask, said that everything is made from scratch, in house, based on recipes created by the two chefs who helm the kitchen.

Bottom Line: Top-notch BBQ. Savor it on site in clean environs or take it to-go.

Burnt Fork BBQ on Urbanspoon

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder